Tribute to Skywest Airlines - Western Australia
From 1980 to 2013 Skywest Airlines served the people of Western Australia.
As Skywest was the local airline for The Museum of Australian Commercial Aviationn we thought it was fitting to have a page to honour them. Skywest has supported the Museum even before they knew they were going to be bought out by Virgin Australia.
Now they have been sold, Skywest has provided a lot more so we can help preserve their history.
Please have a look through their fleet and logos and watch our tribute video at the bottom of the page.
The Skywest Fleet (2013)
The A320 was the first model of the A320-single-aisle-family. The Airbus A320 was the world's first series production aircraft with fly-by-wire and side-sticks controls. It is powered by either CFM International CFM56-5 or International Aero Engines (IAE) V2500 engines.
• Passengers 150 / 179
• Propulsion 2 Turbofan Engines
• Engine Model IAE International Aero Engines V2500-A1
• Engine Power (each) 110,3 kN 24800 lbf
Dimensions and Specifications
• Length - 37,57 m (123,3 ft)
• Height - 11,76 m (38,6 ft)
• Wing Span - 34,09 m (111,8 ft)
• Wing Area - 122,6 m² (1320 ft²)
• Service Ceiling - 12.131 m (39.800 ft)
• Range - 5.700 km (3.542 mi)
• Empty Weight - 37.230 kg (82.078 lbs)
• Maximum Take-off Weight - 77.000 kg (169.756 lbs)
• Maximum Landing Weight - 64.500 kg (142.198 lbs)
• Maximum Cruising Speed - 488 kts (904 km/h)
• Maximum Mach - 0.82
The Fokker 100 is an 100-seat, modern jet aircraft with all the features expected in an aircraft of this class, including air conditioning, ample baggage space, the most spacious economy legroom of any Australian airline and full in-flight catering facilities.
Maximum economical cruise speed is 760 km/h, which together with an unrestricted climb to its maximum cruise altitude of 35,000 feet allows this jet to offer a service standard second to none.The Fokker 100 also has the smallest noise footprint of any jet aircraft in its class.
• Two Rolls-Royce Tay engines, 6,849kg thrust each with thrust reversal.
• Dual Channel Automatic Flight Control and Augmentation System (AFCAS).
• Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS).
• Multi Function Display System (MFDS).
• Flight Management System (FMS).
• Flight Warning System (FWS).
• Fail Operative Cat.IIIB auto-land with rollout guidance.
Dimensions & Specifications
• Overall Length - 35.53m
• Height - 8.50m
• Span - 28.08m
• Cabin Width - 3.10m
• Cabin Height - 2.01m
• Baggage Compartment Volume - 16.72cubic metres (total)
• Maximum Ramp Weight - 46,040kg
• Maximum Take-off Weight - 45,813kg
• Maximum Landing Weight - 39,916kg
• Maximum Zero Fuel Weight - 36,741kg
• Basic Operating Weight - 24,727kg
• Maximum Payload - 11,993kg
• Maximum Usable Fuel - 13,405ltr
• Maximum Operating Altitude - 10,667m (35,000ft)
• Maximum Cruising Speed - 462kts (856km/hr)
The Fokker 50 aircraft is a 46-seat, pressurised twin turboprop airliner featuring high cruise speed. The Fokker 50 aircraft ensures a high level of comfort including air-conditioning, ample cabin baggage space, the most spacious economy legroom of any Australian airline, and full inflight catering facilities.
These aircraft are ideally suited to WA operating conditions offering a fast, efficient and comfortable service, with the best payload/range characteristics in its class. The high winged design is also well suited to gravel runways in the more remote locations.
General Characteristics :
• Two Pratt & Whitney PW 125B turboprop engines delivering 2500 SHP each.
• Dowty Rotol six bladed propellers, auto feathering, reversible pitch and constant speed type.
Dimensions & Specifications:
• Overall Length - 25.19m
• Height - 8.77m
• Span - 29.0m
• Cabin Width - 2.5m
• Cabin Height - 1.96m
• Baggage Compartment Volume - 6.38cubic metres (total)
• Maximum Ramp Weight - 20,865kg
• Maximum Take-off Weight - 20,820kg
• Maximum Landing Weight - 19,730kg
• Maximum Zero Fuel Weight - 18,600kg
• Basic Operating Weight - 13,650kg
• Maximum Payload - 4,950kg
• Maximum Usable Fuel - 4,050 kg
• Cargo Compartment Capacity - 1,315kg (total)
• Maximum Cruise Speed - 260 kts (468kph)
• Maximum Operating Altitude - 25,000 Ft
Tribute Video to Skywest
Our Skywest Page
To view the history and our Skywest collection please visit our Skywest page here